Sunday, November 24, 2013

Single Girl and Swap Blocks

I have just finished putting together the blocks for my Small Quilt Talk Signature Swap Block Quilt.  You may remember these blocks I made....


and these.....



Well after waiting patiently for my set of swapped blocks to arrive I bought some extra fabric, made a few more blocks to fit my chosen layout, made a few more blocks because I can't count and ended up with this.....



You can't see the top row - it over hangs my queen size bed!  Once it has been quilted it will be bound with a nice brown.  I am going to send it off to be quilted.  This is something special and I don't want to ruin it with my dodgy quilting.  I'm thinking feathers in the plain borders and I will leave it up to the quilter as to what she does with the blocks themselves.

I am really happy with the way this flimsy turned out.


I also finished to the flimsy stage my Single Girl quilt.  Remember this.....

 
Well it has turned into this.....
 
 
Here's a close up...
 
 
It too is almost big enough for my bed so it will look good on a single bed.
 
Not sure on how to quilt this one.  I'm thinking concentric circles inside the rings and curvy diamonds everywhere else.  Probably by hand using a pearl thread and big stitches.  What do you think? 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message